Sunday, April 6, 2008

Talk about an opposite weekend

A few weekends ago, I was on a high after Wales won the Grand Slam, but this weekend brought me firmly down to earth.  My Carolina Hurricanes lost to Florida in the hockey, and we knocked out of the playoffs, and the North Carolina Tarheel basketball team got soundly thumped by Kansas in the Final Four to mean they got eliminated too..

So, to make me feel better, I decided that some retail therapy was in order and I went to the local mall and bought myself a Dualit Chrome 2 slice toaster.  It looks pretty good in the kitchen.

I'll get pictures up on the house blog as soon as I do some cleaning up...

On the plus side, Apple has provided an update to the Apple TV and it is now downloading at about 10 times the speed.  Its a much better experience.  HD trailers are coming in very nicely.
"In Bruges" looks hilarious.  If anyone has seen it, let me know


No comments: